Feel free readers and blog-search-through-ers to follow and comment for feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for reading my life rambles and for helping me express myself.
Thank you once again and here's a smiley face from me :D

Sunday 19 June 2011

Amazing stuff you can find on the internet.

I forgot to make a post on/about my birthday! I've been 14 for just over a week and it feels just slightly better than being 13. I've always regarded 14 as being a "nothing" year and so far it feels that way. But then again, I've only been 14 for 8 days.


I suffered a power cut yesterday, right in the middle of Kung Fu Panda on BBC One! It's one of my favourite cartoons of recent years and I was really enjoying it. Jack Black is pretty amazing portraying a fat panda :'] It was about half 7 at night when the power cut, just before the good bit in Kung Fu Panda D: Five minutes later, the power wasn't back on and I was bored out of my mind. I'd never experienced a power cut before! Now I truly understand how utterly boring it it without electricity.


I got so bored that I actually started catching up on art coursework! Usually, I'm plain lazy and leave it all to last minute or because I'm revising for GCSEs -.- Earlier on in the day, I came across this pretty A M A Z I N G artist called Danny Roberts, or otherwise known as Igor+Andre (though the e has an accent thing that I have no idea how to replicate on my keyboard :S). It occurred to be that you can find pretty amazing stuff on the internet. Take a second and think about what life would be like without the magic of the internet. I don't think I've ever known a time without the internet; I'm an internet baby, my kind of "generation" knows not of the time before internet! 


I do remember, sometimes, when I was little, teachers at school used to say something along the lines of, "You can use books or the internet for research or come to me for help etc.". Nowadays, they don't even bother with the books (unless they're of retiring age) or the "come to me" bit (because they're getting a tad lazy I reckon [;). So much is relied on the internet and technology. Possibly too much?


"The Two Lovers" by Danny Roberts.
Anyway, back to Danny Roberts... His art is amazing. For my mock exam I'm going to paint some paintings in the style of his work. ARGH. Got so many exams this month! Got a German GCSE one tomorrow (that I haven't revised for... not for a few months... and I still don't know how to say "I don't understand" in German...), a history GCSE on Germany 1919-1945 2 days later, another German one the Monday the week after, and finally the art mock exam over the course of two school days where I am planning to do 12 paintings. No idea how I will get them to a half decent standard in the ten hour mock exam.


AAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH.


It will be freakin' hard to do the paintings justice since the artist is SUPERAMAZINGNESS. If that's a word. Which it isn't but oh well. The English language will live.


"I personally believe we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain." Jane Wagner


Hehe, complaining vents my anger and frustration and when I complain, I complain to the world.


Link to "The Two Lovers": http://igorandandre.blogspot.com/2009/06/love.html
Link to Igor+Andre (Andre with an accent!): http://igorandandre.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Hi Zoe, I can't believe you're just 14! You write pretty good. Yes, the internet is plain wonderful isn't it? Your blog is a good example at that. You can share and exchange with different people from around the globe. Keep those posts coming! And goodluck with school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah! I think your blog is great too! I know right? You can learn so much and share so much through the internet; it truly is incredible!

    ReplyDelete